The ultimate pan seared chicken recipe is made from boneless meat marinated in Asian and Pakistani spices. Eat the chicken on its own, or use it in sandwiches, salads, pasta and more.
It’s super simple to make, delicious and healthy at the same time. Its versatility makes it work with pretty much everything – sandwiches, salads, pasta, Chinese and more. While leaving for work or chores in the morning, take out a portion of boneless chicken and keep it in the fridge. By the time evening rolls around, the thawed chicken would be ready for the next step. Place the chicken in a bowl and add the spices and sauces. Put it back in the fridge to marinate. By the time you have freshened up, the chicken will have absorbed all the flavors and be ready to cook.
The spices and herbs required in the marinade are ingredients that are pretty standard in a Desi Pakistani pantry. But in case something isn’t available it could always be skipped or replaced with something similar. Chili sauce, hot sauce, orange zest, garlic pepper seasoning, or barbecue sauce. It all tastes delicious. There are also a couple of variations in the recipe notes below. Just make sure to add chili flakes at the end because they can burn and start smoking if added in the beginning. Cook till the water from the chicken evaporates and the chicken is beautifully grilled from the outside.
This ultimate pan-seared chicken recipe can also form the basis for many other recipes. It can be shredded and mixed with mayo or yoghurt to make a creamy chicken sandwich. Toss it with a little tomato sauce and make a quick pasta for dinner. Stir-fry vegetables, add some Asian sauces and toss in the chicken to make a quick and healthy chicken Manchurian. The possibilities are endless. In fact, the only limitation are the contents of your fridge.
Ultimate Pan Seared Chicken Recipe
- 600 grams boneless chicken cut into cubes or strips
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste (about 1 teaspoon should be good)
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- lemon zest from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil can be reduced
- Pinch of red chili flakes
- Marinate chicken with everything except oil and red chili flakes. Let it marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil. Add chicken and cook till all the water evaporates, and chicken is cooked through.
- Add red chili flakes. Give it a toss. Taste and adjust seasonings if required. Set aside.