Aloo Hari Pyaz is a simple to prepare Pakistani vegetarian recipe made with potatoes and spring onions. It can be ready in less than 30 minutes.
The humble potato is a vegetable that almost everyone loves, and of course it is made in many different ways in our house. Here is another simple vegetarian sabzi featuring potatoes, and this time it’s with spring onions or hari piyaaz. It’s a simple recipe, and can be ready in under 30 minutes.
Would love it if you could try out and rate the recipe, and let me know how it was in the comments below!
Aloo Hari Pyaz or Potatoes with Spring Onions
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds zeera
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds rai
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Pinch of turmeric
- 500 grams potatoes chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions about 6 – 8 spring onion stalks
- Wash the spring onions. Slice the spring onions on the diagonal, keeping the white onion part and the green stems separate.
- Heat oil, and add cumin seeds along with mustard seeds. Saute for about 30 – 45 seconds till they splutter.
- Add the sliced white part of the spring onions, and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped potatoes, along with red chili flakes, turmeric and salt.
- Saute for about 3-4 minutes, stirring to make sure that the potatoes don’t stick to the bottom.
- Turn heat to low, add 2 – 3 tablespoon of water, and let the the potatoes cook till tender. If necessary, add a splash of water.
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the green part of the spring onions, and cook for another 2 minutes. Serve hot.